Monday, January 31, 2011

A Christmas Extravaganza

I thought I had downloaded pictures from Eve's birthday, but I haven't yet, so I will regal you with tales from Christmas instead.  Actually, there isn't too much to be said except that I accidentally erased two of my favorite pictures!  Grrrrrr!  We spent the 23rd in Salt Lake with Richie's family, then my parents and sister came and stayed with us the 24th-26th.  On the 26th Theron was blessed.  Then we had a brief respite and then the next weekend for New Year's Richie's sisters Karen, Holly, and her family came and stayed with us.  She has four kids and they are Eve's only cousins, and she ADORES them.  We cooked up a seafood feast with lobster bisque (courtesy of Uncle Marty), scallops, and three different kinds of shrimp.  It was a lot of fun.However, I am glad that the holidays have passed and hopefully February won't take to long to pass and then onto March and Spring!  Glorious Spring.  I know that in Logan, Utah, March is still the dead of winter, but to me it will always mean Spring and my birthday.  So, without further ado, here are pictures.

 I love how beautiful and "Christmasy" my house is at Christmas!
 Theron meets his Great Grandpa Petty
 Opening gifts Christmas morning

This next series of pictures is a failed attempt at a belated Christmas photo shoot with my new camera and cute children.  It was fated from the start when I wanted to take these pictures two weeks before Christmas, not two weeks afterwards.   Then Theron was the angriest I have ever seen him, basically screaming his head off all day long.  He didn't even make it to the first session.  As you can see, my backdrop is no beuno, Eve won't hold the candy cane correctly or smile at the right time, and because I'm still used to my little point and shoot, most of the flash is obscured by my finger.  

Starting out okay...

 but soon becoming this:
No longer wearing matching Christmas clothing, I just try to get some shots in of them together.  This is the same outfit Theron wore when he was blessed.

 The brief moment he wasn't furious:

 
By the end Eve was going crazy and Theron was apparently catatonic.  Oh well.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

Cassandra said...

The last picture is my favorite!
They both look like they've had it...hahahaha...