Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cast of Characters: The Chemist

I'm going to introduce you to the many lovely and beautiful people in my life, because I am sure I will be referring to them not an infrequent amount. The first person I'd like to present for your consideration is my husband, Richard.



The Man
We have been married 4 years, 9 months, 3 days, and 10 1/2 hours (approximately). My husband is one of the funniest, sweetest and intelligent men I know. I love him! He has been especially good to me since moving us here to Logan, because he knew how much I loved my past life in Oregon. And now that I am pregnant, I still get all the attention! So I wanted to pass on some love to him here. He is probably the only faithful reader of this blog.

He is an organic chemist at a small lab here, and is doing swimmingly! He graduated with his Master's degree in Organic Synthesis at the University of Oregon. What a scholastic and scientific stud. He is, after the Sports Illustrated website addiction, quite adorable and quite, enthusiastically estatic to become a father; and what a wonderful father he will be. I'm so grateful to have him in my life.



The Race

This Saturday Richard is going to be running the St. George, Utah marathon. 26.2 miles of grueling, bone-crushing, soul-dessicating downhill flight. This is his second marathon. His training has seemed to be easier (as if easy is a word that can be applied to marathon training), or rather, smoother, than the first time around. Maybe running when it's not 10 F degrees outside is a good thing.

Here's to Richard's running success. I know he'll reach his goal and still be able to walk the next day!

























Richard running the 2006 Salt Lake City marathon. He was awarded a finisher medal!

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Hope the marathon goes well, and by the way, I'm glad you're enjoying some things about Utah Valley, autumn is awesome!

Anonymous said...

As an avid reader of Renée's blog and a rabid fan of anything Richie, I can only surmise that, upon her arrival, little Gus will think HER parents are the bee's knees!