Monday, November 24, 2008

What a Fantastic Month!

November has been awesome to me. I must share. Obama won the Presidential election, the University of Utah Utes thoroughly destroyed the evil, self-righteous BYU Cougars (I hate them so much...) in the Holy War, our OB appointment went well, my sister Nicole returns home on Thursday from her 18 month LDS mission to the Netherlands, and...we moved into our new house!

That's right, we are now home owners. I have been experiencing many mixed emotions about it the past two weeks (that's how long we've been in the house and the main reason I haven't written much). While I am very excited to finally be in my own home, I have much anxiety over money (the not having enough of it part), fixing the house up, leaky dishwashers, boxsprings and other pieces of furniture not fitting in stairwells, and the like. I have felt really guilty too, because while it is by no means a palace, it is quite large, actually bigger than what we really need, and all that space is intimidating. I feel like we might be living beyond our means, and that really we should have bought a much cheaper, smaller house. But I shouldn't complain, right? I should be grateful for the many blessings I have in this house, and believe me, I am. I am soooooo grateful.

So is it weird that I have these anxious, guilty feelings attached to my joy? I think part of it is the time of year. I hate cold dark winters. Just hate 'em.

The house was built in 1948, has three bedrooms, 1.5 baths, a huge basement and quarter acre lot with a great, big backyard. It was built by a brickmason. I promise I will get more pictures, but I want everything to look perfect in them, so for now, here is a pic of the front of the house:

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Wow! Hope that you had a great time catching up with Nicole, and banish the guilt! Feel good about the purchase, it looks like a lovely house.

Raschelle said...

I am so excited for you! Congratulations on all the new and exciting changes. I agree with Amelia - no guilt allowed about the house! I'm sure the extra room will come in handy in the future anyways. Say hi to Nikki for me. :)

caitlin and brinton said...

Hey Renee! You look so cute pregnant, congratulations!!! I'm sure Brinton still has all your old information. You should send us your address too so we can send you a Christmas card as well. Our address is 1132 Talisman Dr. SLC, UT 84116.