Thursday, January 1, 2009

Welcome 2009!

First, apologies to my total lack of communication for the month of December. Yes, I know that many of you were placed into fits of worry, lighting icon candles in prayer for my health, but don't worry. It was only my severe lack of energy from the holiday struggle that kept me from journaling my thoughts electronically for all to consider.

I finally took picutres of my house, at least, the main floor. I will post the basement and loft when the nursery is finally done (hopefully soon!).

But before I shower you, my delightful readers, with envy-inducing evidence of my AWESOME house, I need to say HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my wonderful husband.

We celebrated 5 years of pure bliss on December 27th. I can't believe it--five whole years married, to each other, monogamous, happy (for most of it)! We didn't do too much in way of celebrating. Earlier last year I wanted to make travel plans for Belize, but then pregnancy and home ownership came into play (I'm not complaining). We went down to Cedar City for Christmas, so we drove up to Salt Lake on our way home Saturday and ate at The Roof in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building and walked around Temple Square afterwards to see the Christmas lights. It was quite pleasant except for the fact that I over ate by about 5,000 calories (the dessert buffet is INCREDIBLE) and wanted to vomit for most the walk. But it was beautiful, fun, and very reminiscent of when we got married. I did let the Chemist know however, that if we weren't out of the country in another five years, with diamond studs in my ears, we won't be celebrating an 11th anniversary. Just kidding...maybe...



Oh, don't we look so happy and cold? Okay, on to the house...Featuring the Living Room, Bathroom, Kitchen, TV Room, Guest Room/Study



Happy New Year! 2008, you were great; 2009, looking fine!

3 comments:

Amelia said...

Finally! You are back! Adorable home and really really fun to see wedding pictures of you and Richie. You both looked great. Happy 2009!

Renee said...

Oh, thanks Amelia! Happy 2009 to you and your sweet family as well. You're more than welcome to come stay next time you're in the states!

Anonymous said...

Yay 'nee, may you continue to write with eloquent sass and thinly veiled sarcasm throughout this very significant year of change in the Peterson family.