Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Cast of Characters: Little Fetus Maude

I'm proud to present our unborn baby GIRL!


The internet poll has prophesied correctly: Maude is the clear winner, and thus we will call our unborn girl child Maude until she really enters this world in style. I can't wait for all that pain and tearing and screaming. She's making me work for her, that's for sure!

I wish our ultrasound picutures were a little clearer, but she is quite the squirmy baby, and apparently my placenta is right in front of her, so the images weren't as focused as some I've seen. But she looks healthy and is right on target for size, which is a great indicator that everything is developing correctly. We got to see pictures of her brain, bladder, spine, and watch the blood pump through the four chambers of her heart. It was amazing! I can't imagine being pregnant and not getting to see that! Even when my mom was pregnant with me, which wasn't too long ago, this sort of technology didn't exist. That is crazy to me. I love living in the 21st Century--what a blessing!

Clearly, the "girl"part of her. Nothing poking out between those legs! Her bum is on the left, the mouse is pointing to the labia, and her feet are to the right.

I think these pictures of her feet are just...sigh...too wonderful and amazing. She's really in there!


The best picture we got of her spine. I only wish her profile wasn't blurred.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Renée! You two were right about having a girl, and I can tell you're already in love. So sweet.

Thanks for sharing this technologically advanced announcement!

Anonymous said...

p.s. you make a brief appearance on our Halloween slide show blog entry...
Happy All Hallow's Eve to ye and Richard.

Renee said...

I am in love! Thanks, Sarah.

Robyn said...

Aahhh . . . ultrasounds. So marvellous. Even with my fourth child, I was as amazed and awed as with the first. It really is magic - pure magic!!

Congratulations! Falling in love is always such a lovely journey.