Thursday, October 2, 2008

Good Friends




Jonas Newsome is Richard's best friend. They've been friends since they were 12. At least, they were wellwishers, in that they wished each other no specific harm. But Jonas has been a very important person in our lives and we love him and his family very much!

Jonas turned 30 a few days ago, and I'd like to say Happy Birthday Jonas! I'm posting a video of him swimming at Alsea Falls in Oregon. He and his wife Phyleen and their baby Bridger came to visit us a year ago. I also put up some pictures of him to preserve a bit of his dignity. He really is a great guy. I hope you don't regret giving us this video!

My good friend Laron also had a birthday recently. Happy Birthday Laron! Laron is one of the most beautiful people I know in every way: beautiful mind, beautiful heart, beautiful soul. I have some great photographs of Laron, but unforutanely, none that are digital. This picture I'm posting is the only decent one I have of him on my computer. We are at the top of Mt. Timpanogos in Utah. Please ignore the way I look. We took off for the hike at 4 am and didn't get back home until 7 pm or so! It's a steep 13 miler, but totally worth it. Laron of course, didn't even break a sweat.


Laron has some gorgeous photographs posted on Flickr. If you'd like to check them out, here is the link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/91213518@N00/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What I find amusing about your video is that Phyleen appears to have swam in the cold water way before anyone else, without provocation or complaint.

Happy birthday to Jonas and also Laron-- two dandy fellows indeed!

Unknown said...

Yeah, Jonas said...Let it be remembered that this water was ice cold. I mean, that water was colder than a polar bear's nose at New Years! Okay? And second of all, if the camera adds 10 pounds then there must have been like 7 cameras on me! Thirdly of all, I actually DID wish Richie specific harm back then: specifically to his left hand. Why couldn't you have shown that video of me wrestling that bear holding a shark? http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail145.html
Unirregardless, thanks for making me a godfather, and for the birthday post.

Renee said...

Both Phyleen and I had gone swimming before the "men" and yes, it was very cold!

But at least Jonas did go in, after making Bridger cry a lot from all the yelling. :)

You are right though, Jonas, I should post that video of you wrestling the shark holding bear.